Archive for Community

08 Jun 2012

71 Days to go

No Comments Community, Life

71 Days to go.
Cross training at Vegas.If you count wLking around for 5 hours when its 40 degrees outside and if you count swimming a bit in a nice pool, then i did my cross training today.Dear kids, move aside. I am here to dance to my music that you guys just discovered. It’s called dubstep or electronic music. I am 29 years old and i feel like a grown up here. Strange indeed.

Read more

03 Jun 2012

76 Days to go

No Comments Community, Friends, Running

76 Days to go

2pm 7 miles run around the seawall.
Hi dear all,
Such a lovely Sunday wasn’t it? I happened to have a big night last night. Not knowing why, we decided to watch a movie around 2am in the morning and I woke up passed out on the sofa at 5.30am. We managed to drag ourselves to bed and some proper sleep until 9.30.

Read more

01 Jun 2012

78 Days to go

No Comments Community, Friends, Life

78 Days to go

Happy Friday to you all.
Today was my cross training day. We have Ollie’s brother visiting from New Zealand for the weekend so my cross training consisted of walking around the city all day today. Not the best day in Vancity in terms of weather but at least we stayed dry.

I will keep this one short since it’s Friday, I am sure you all need the time to unwind from the week.

Read more

30 May 2012

80 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Friends, Running

80 Days to go

4 miles run with Lilo.
I was thinking making a fundraising video to spread the word wider. So I started filming some stuff today, including myself running. Well that looks funny πŸ™‚ I knew I look funny when I run but maybe I am not used to seeing myself on camera. Oh well.. it’s all for greater good. I can handle looking a bit ridiculous.
Read more

29 May 2012

81 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, Life, News, Running

81 Days to go

3 miles run with Vodka. I took Vodka to the Cleveland Dam, thinking that I am familiar with the trails around the canyon. Doh, obviously I am not. I didn’t get lost but I found new trails, which were fun and experience. It’s a bit trickier to run with Vodka on the trails, she likes to lead but sometimes she doesn’t pay enough attention to the terrain.

Read more

24 May 2012

86 Days to go

1 Comment Community, Dogs, Humanitarian

86 Days to go.

Today I am going to make this all about service dogs.

You will often find them going above and beyond duty to save someone, risking — and at times losing — their lives in the process.
They are therapeutic, strong, and fast. They are our heroic dogs. The helping hands of our furry friends are often overlooked, but they are ready to help us in countless situations.
Search and rescue dogs assist victims in the wreckage of natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and earthquakes. Sniffer dogs check for drugs, weapons, and bombs. Ski Patrol dogs help mountain safety, and guide dogs help individuals with special needs. Dogs also offer therapeutic aid to soldiers, retirees, hospital patients, and children.
Read more

22 May 2012

88 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, Running

88 Days to go

9.30 am Grouse Grind. I am not a Grouse Grind virgin anymore. It was just like what I was expecting, I wish it was less stairs more rocks/branches. It was still absolutely hard but mesmerizing since there were clouds creeping into the mountain. I think there are a lot of unemployed people just like myself out there, I wasn’t expecting this much of a crowd πŸ™‚
And no going downhill! I was looking forward to that part. Oh well.

Read more

18 May 2012

92 Days to go

No Comments Community, Life

92 Days to go

Off day. I had a weird stomach pain all day during the day today. That’s the reason I skipped my cross training this afternoon. And to be honest, tomorrow’s run intimidates me, I am trying to save all the energy I can.

Today was my last day on my project, officially wrapped up. A little emotional day but I am proud of the work we did.

Read more

17 May 2012

93 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, Life, Running

93 Days to go

3pm 4 miles solo run.
What a busy day today. I always laughed at people who said they didn’t have enough time during the day while they are not actually working. But I must say, I finally finished all the things I wanted to do today, and still have things to do on my list.
I finally went to the storage room to get our summer clothes out. If I ever ever say I need more dresses, somebody please slap me.
Read more

10 May 2012

100 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian

100 Days to go

I think having 100 days left to the race is a big deal. I am getting ready, increasing my mileage every week. The girls are getting fitter and stronger. We still have a quiet long way to reach our goal of $10000 but I want to believe that we can reach it. I am going to share some articles about SDF’s work today. I hope it will inspire you.

Read more