Archive for Community

26 Feb 2013

Day 26

No Comments Community, Dogs, Life, News

Day 26
Lunch time Bar Method, and 7pm 4 miles speedwork. You can say I was punishing myself for taking a day off yesterday. I am a bit dead tired right now.
Since today is World Spay Day, I want to give you guys some information. Pet overpopulation is one of the biggest problems facing companion animals and animal rescue organizations. Spaying and neutering is the #1 way to prevent pet euthanasia and reduce pet overpopulation.
Read more

25 Feb 2013

Day 25

No Comments Community, News

Day 25
Monday, day off. Today I felt like I needed to take a day off to give myself a break to recover properly. I woke up way too early and decided to hit the snooze button to force myself to take it easy and listen to my body. I am glad I did it, I feel much better today and ready for the running ahead of me this week.
Today I want to emphasize once more the power of a small group of thoughtful, committed individuals.
Read more

25 Feb 2013

Day 24

No Comments Community, Friends, Life, News

Day 24
Midday hot yoga. It’s been a busy busy weekend. Lots happening today; the oscars, brunch with friends, gathering in the rain to raise awareness and showing solidarity. After watching the oscars last night, I decided to write about the importance of appreciation in our life.
I do visual effects for movies in my daily life and it’s something I love doing. No question about it. For those who is not in this industry, we make pretty pictures and make people believe in movie magic.
Read more

21 Feb 2013

Day 21

1 Comment Community, Family, Friends, Life

Day 21
Lunch time Bar Method. Lesson learned: don’t go to the pregnant instructor’s class. Not sure if she is hardcore because she is pregnant, but I don’t remember hurting this much in a Bar Method class before. She kinda killed us all in the class. So today is day 21. Research shows that it takes 21 days to develop a habit. That’s 21 days of exercising in some way every day, 21 days to meditation, 21 days to eat healthily, 21 days doing, 21 days of anything. All I can say, I am used to waking up @5am after 21 days.
Read more

20 Feb 2013

Day 20

No Comments Community, Dogs, Life, News

Day 20
6am Bar Method. My sleep cycle is completely changed now. No matter how late I stay or how much wine I have, I just wake up at 5am. Pretty awake too. Leaving the house is still an issue, lots of negotiating happens at 5.30am. So far the most efficient argument is “if you go out now, you’ll be done by 7 and then you can sleep until 8 again” It works. I love it. Second sleep is sooo sweet.

Read more

18 Feb 2013

Day 18

No Comments Community, Humanitarian, Life, News

Day 18
6am Bar Method. Who doesn’t like getting up at 5am on a Monday morning? Delightful. Not gonna lie, it feels good to be done with the day’s workout at 7am.
Last night at dinner, we were with a friend (Hi Impey!) who just came back from his home country South Africa and was telling us how the rhino poaching just peaked again and how sad and shocking it is. So today let’s talk about what poaching does to animals, to our environment.
Read more

17 Feb 2013

Day 17

No Comments Community, Life, News, Running

Day 17
2pm 10 miles run. Those of you who ran across the Lions Gate Bridge would know; it’s freaking hard. You don’t feel the incline and the steep decline of the bridge when you are driving. Running the bridge is a different story. My legs are going to cry tomorrow morning at 6am Bar Method.

Read more

16 Feb 2013

Day 15

No Comments Community, Friends, Life, Running

Day 15
Lunch time 3miles run. What a lovely day today in Vancouver! It feels like spring is own its way! The whole city was out and about. I haven’t done many lunch runs before, it always feels a bit rushed but it worked out fine in the end. I mean, having the sun was just blissful.
And talking about being blissful, I am quiet happy that we didn’t get hit by a meteor over here. I was hoping for Optimus Prime to show up, I’ll keep wishing. Or maybe they are here?
Read more

14 Feb 2013

Day 14

No Comments Community, Family, Friends, Life

Day 14
6am Bar Method. Ouch. 3 days in a row of this with no running in between is hurting me a bit. Good thing, the girls are still pretty pooched from their stay over with Wagababa folks, I don’t need to take them for long walks.
They are all cuddly and cute when they are this tired. I appreciate every moment of it.
Talking about cuddles and cute stuff, happy “spread the love” day everyone.
Read more

13 Feb 2013

Day 13

No Comments Community, Humanitarian, Life

Day 13
Lunch time Bar Method. I am getting used to these lunch time power hour workouts. But clearly, they are not as nice as my lunch time naps…Because my naps are to die for.
Since yesterday was Darwin’s birthday, I was thinking about evolution and empathy. I was reflecting about the evolution theory and there are things that I need to do more research about. Like why do people do good things if it is the survival of the fittest? (which was not stated by Darwin but by the philosopher Herbert Spencer)
Read more