Archive for Community

22 Apr 2013

Day 80 & 81

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, Life, News

Day 80 & 81
Bar Method and 4 miles trail run. It was such a glorious day today in Vancity. So mellow and fresh. A perfect day to remind ourselves how lucky we are to have access to clean air and fresh water. We live in a city where the air is so clear and the tap water is so delicious that it’s easy to take them for granted. There are lots of articles out there today, reminding us the importance of being green, being sustainable. And maybe even for a day, take some time out of your day to recognize the Earth’s beauty.
Read more

20 Apr 2013

Day 76, 77, 78 & 79!

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, Life, News, Running

Day 76, 77, 78 & 79!
I was having technical difficulties for the last couple of days so be ready for me pouring my heart out tonite. There is so much to talk about, to think about… I am still keeping up with my running, Bar Methoding and also managed to sneak in a 20km epic rollerblade run the other day.
But right now, there are so many things I want to share with you all.
Bare with me, it may be a long one tonite.
Read more

15 Apr 2013

Day 74

No Comments Community, Humanitarian, Life, News, Running

Day 74
I am a runner. I may not be the fastest or strongest runner. I may have not qualified this year for Boston. I dream about qualifying for Boston. I could have been crossing that finish line and my loved one would have been there waiting to watch me fulfill my dream crossing that finish line. This marathon is like the olympics of people like you and me, it’s for all the ordinary people who crave to explore the horizons of themselves. People run marathons for the simplest and purest reasons. Nobody runs a marathon to get rich.
Read more

13 Apr 2013

Day 70, 71 & 72!

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, Life, Running

Day 70, 71 & 72!
Thursday, Friday Bar Method, Saturday 5 miles trail running with Vodka. Lunch time Bar Method is the best, a perfect full body workout in an hour. I am getting addicted to it, feeling stronger every day. And today, getting back to the trails was just what I needed to clear my mind from all the madness that has been happening around me lately. Being out in the woods made Vodka pretty happy as well. Read more

10 Apr 2013

Day 69

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, Life, Running

Day 69
Lunch time 3 miles run with Lilo. What a crazy day in Vancity today! I seriously woke up so angry to the rain, to the grayness of the day. It felt like January when I had to put on my wellies and put on doggies rain jackets this morning. Cold, wet and windy. Just yuck. So after ranting for couple of hours about the awfulness of the weather in Vancouver, something happened. The sun decided to join.

Read more

08 Apr 2013

Day 65 & 66 and 67!

No Comments Community, Dogs, Friends, Humanitarian, Life

Day 65 & 66 and 67!
Combining days once more. Busy week ended with a busy weekend. I have been working 6-7 days a week, which leaves not enough time for play & recovery but I am doing my best. 6am Bar Method today, and planning to stick with the running schedule for the rest of the week.

Read more

02 Apr 2013

Day 60 & 61

3 Comments Community, Friends, Life

Day 60 & 61
So it has been 2 months of writing and not actually making a difference. You may feel I am a bit bitter today because I am really frustrated and upset about my situation here. I feel like I am turning into one of those idle people who don’t do anything to change the world and I don’t want to be that person, I am strongly against that person. So what are we gonna do about it?

Read more

31 Mar 2013

Day 59

No Comments Community, Humanitarian, Life, Running

Day 59
10km solo run. Such an amazing day here in Vancouver. The wind is so gentle, the sun is so warm and the beauty of this city is just hard to describe. I had to work today until 6pm, but still head out for my run along the water facing the sun, feeling the fresh warm air, taking every breath with a smile. Nothing beats the feeling of a run outside in the sun after a long week of work. And also, it feels like it’s the beginning of trail running season soon! Cannot wait!
Read more

26 Mar 2013

Day 53 & 54

No Comments Community, Dogs, Family, Friends, Humanitarian, Life, News, Running

Day 53 & 54
Since I have been a slacker (go ahead, tell it to my face), it’s going to be a long one tonite. My sincere apologies. Monday morning started with a 6am Bar Method and today is ending with a lovely moonlight run after work with Vodka.
By the way, I feel like more of you started running recently. So happy and proud of all of you who are going out and choosing the be active and playful. And to be honest, spring running is so peaceful.
Read more

21 Mar 2013

Day 49

No Comments Community, Friends, Life, Running

Day 49
I am catching up with all the resting I have been doing. 6am 5 miles speedwork with Vodka followed by lunch time Bar Method. My quads were just solid during the class. Lots of stretching before bed tonite.
It’s been a long day but it ended with couple of glasses of wine with good dear friends. So lucky to have such good company.
Read more