Archive for Community

21 Mar 2012

151 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, News

151 Days to go

6.30am 6 miles tempo run.
My sidekick seem to be taking this week off, they are not leaving their beds. To be honest, it was really hard for me to leave my bed this morning too. I am out of my caffeine fix in the morning so I dragged myself out of the apartment. But, hey, most of the time, leaving the house is the more difficult than running itself.

Read more

20 Mar 2011

RACE DAY

2 Comments Community, Family, Friends, Running

RACE DAY!
26.2 miles run

Been there, done that. This was an amazing feeling. I wish the rain and the wind storm didn’t attack us all like this but oh well we all managed to run and not worry about being wet.

I took the shuttle @5.15am. It’s funny to be in a bus with bunch of runner munching on stuff and anxious…

Read more

09 Mar 2011

11 days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs

11 days to go
Day off running, physio exercises

Yesterday after their hike, both covered in mud. And I love Lilo’s look, it’s like “oh trust me Vodka is dirtier than me but she is hiding under her black fur” and she was right. Vodka brought the whole park over to the bathroom.
And today, they get really curious when I do my stretching. The photos show it all.

Read more

06 Mar 2011

14 days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs

14 days to go
Day off.

What a great day today. We started with taking the bitches (excuse my language) to the park, Vodka loves to fetch! It’s great to see them go crazy. Then we headed to Main st. where I got some latte from Gene coffee shop. The green lightbulbs are from there. Then we went to 8 1/2 for brunch. Great little place on Main and 8th st.

Read more

04 Mar 2011

16 days to go

1 Comment Community, Dogs, Snowboarding

16 days to go
2 miles with Lilo

We had an amazing night last night at Cypress. There was so much snow! So fresh and it was really quiet as well. I guess everybody was watching the Canucks game. It’s pretty hard to go for a run in the morning then go snowboarding at night and then get up and go for another run the next morning… I am tired.  And I can eat the world right now.
Read more

03 Mar 2011

17 days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Running

17 days to go
5 miles tempo run with Vodka

It was our first off leash run! She tried to run ahead but I kept correcting her and she learned to stay right next to me the whole time. She tried to get into the water as usual, but she was a good girl and listened to me and came back.
I love running with Vodka.
Read more

18 Feb 2011

30 days to go

No Comments Community

30 days to go
Day off.

We’ll be heading to Whistler tonite after work for 2 days of snowboarding. So I am taking today off to give my legs a break. Too bad it’s a nice morning outside after last night’s thunderstorm.
I went to “Innocent Coffee” on W 4th. Really small but super cute place with good coffee. They have a small exhibition room upstairs as well.
Read more

10 Feb 2011

38 days to go

No Comments Community, Running

38 days to go
6 am 6 miles tempo run with Vodka

So cold outside this morning! And dear Canadians, I understand you guys are hard core stuff but when there is ice on the ground, running in shorts is not OK. I am freezing with my multi layer outfit and you guys are in shorts and t-shirts! Seriously…

Read more

01 Feb 2011

47 days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, News

47 days to go
5.45am 5 miles solo run
I have a message to everyone today.

I wake up every morning, check my news feed before getting up. The whole page is covered with dogs/cats that are waiting to be adopted or fostered all around the world. Most of them are abused, injured, sick and need care. The only thing that makes me able to take breath is to see that there are other people trying to help. Small group of people trying to share the photos of these animals, hoping that they can survive before going back to the streets of Turkey.
Read more

30 Jan 2011

49 days to go

2 Comments Community, Dogs

49 days to go
Day off running.

What a glorious day in Vancouver. Just mesmerizing.
Started the day by washing Vodka and Lilo. They LOVE being washed and love playing with the towel after.

Had brunch with Dawny at 100days in Yaletown. Got my weekly mimosa+latte fix. Still not sure about the 100 days concept but it’s kinda funky inside.

Read more