Archive for Community

06 May 2012

104 Days to go

No Comments Community, Life, Running

104 Days to go

6.30 am 7 miles solo run.
I have to admit, I really didn’t want to leave my warm bed this morning. When the alarm went off at 6am, all I wanted to do is to snooze. But I managed to drag myself out and hit the road early. We have a busy day starting with brunch with friends then sailing in the afternoon and going to see Avengers at night. I had to run early.

It seems like all the roads are blocked due to the Vancouver Marathon. Vancourites, check the road closure before heading out.
Read more

05 May 2012

105 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Life, Running

105 Days to go

6 am 20 miles solo long run. Well that was a long run. Especially since I had to fit this run in the morning before going to work…Ouch. At least I had proper dinner and kept it quiet on Friday night. We had drinks with work peeps, I behaved and came home around 9. Well done Bubbles, well done. This morning at 5.30am I was definitely glad that I went to bed early.

Read more

26 Apr 2012

114 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian

114 Days to go

Cross-training today. My knees were aching real bad, they made me feel like an old lady. So I rollerbladed in the sun and then went to the gym to work those turkey arms and abs. Such a fine evening in Vancouver. I put on my SDF long sleeve shirt, showing my support. For each donor, I got a gift to give back; a little bookmark. Even if you don’t read, put it on your desk and brag about how awesome you are by supporting search & rescue dogs.
Read more

25 Apr 2012

115 Days to go

No Comments Community, Family, Friends, Life, Running

115 Days to go

6pm 5 miles run with Vodka. Dogs are so fun. I had a long day at work, came home, started getting ready to head out for my run. Both Vodka and Lilo got so excited seeing me putting on my running shoes. Dogs just live in the moment. They forget that they were at home all day sleeping, and their mom was mad at them for tipping over the laundry basket. Their enthusiasm and energy is contagious. So happy to be out, doing something fun.

A little history today.

Read more

23 Apr 2012

117 Days to go

No Comments Community, Life, News

117 Days to go

Monday, is off day. Not feeling a bit sore from this weekends runs. Surprising to be honest. My calves were hurting really bad yesterday. Another week of training starts. I will enjoy my day off dearly.
Oh before I forget, Mary Ellen, if you are reading this, I donated your blankets to BCSPCA. They were really grateful for them. Thank you!

Read more

16 Apr 2012

124 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Humanitarian, Life, News

124 Days to go

Monday is rest day. The training schedule seems heavy this week, so I am really enjoying my rest day. I watched the Boston Marathon elite runners early in the morning, a little inspiration for my little short legs. The elites make it look so easy to run a marathon in just over 2 hours. They look so effortless… Qualifying for Boston is on my bucket list, just need to run a marathon around 3hrs25min to qualify. Easy…
Read more

10 Apr 2012

131 Days to go

No Comments Community, Life, Running

131 Days to go

6.30am 4 miles run with Lilo.
I woke up really early this morning, like around 5.30. I was awake but I didn’t leave the bed, I thought I can just stay in for another 5 minutes. And of course I closed my eyes until 6.15am. Within that 45 minutes, I had a dream about today’s run. So at 6.15am, I woke up thinking that I already finished my run.
Read more

31 Mar 2012

141 Days to go

No Comments Community, Family, Friends, Running

141 Days to go

2pm 9 miles solo long run.
It felt so good to have a Saturday off. I didn’t have to rush out of the house to do my run, then walk the doggies and head to work. This morning was a bliss. I indulged myself, stayed in bed till 8.30am. I am a better runner in the afternoons. So much stronger for some reason.
They should have more races in the afternoon rather than 9am in the morning. Agree?
Read more

25 Mar 2012

147 Days to go

No Comments Community, Humanitarian, News, Running

147 Days to go

7am 12 miles SOLO long run.
Well this was much better than yesterday. When I was reading about ultra-marathon training and they were mentioning about the importance of running on “tired legs” by scheduling back to back long runs on the weekends, I underestimated what they meant. And yes, my legs were tired from yesterday’s long run and I just wasn’t able to run the extra 2 miles to reach 14 miles.
Read more

23 Mar 2012

149 Days to go

No Comments Community, Dogs, Life

149 Days to go

7am 2 miles rollerblading with Vodka.
Not going to lie, I really enjoyed an hour extra sleep this morning. And what a nice morning here in Vancouver. I was wrong yesterday when I said spring is here, it haled on me during lunch, then snowed, then it was sunny again. I think it’s going to be a cold transition to spring this year. Still to cold for spring dresses and flipflops, sigh…

Read more